Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my JSPEC 2.5 and I’m installing the jks adjustable sway bar links. I’ve run into a delima. The instructions say they must be mounted outboard to the axle and sway bar. However since I have stock wheels as soon as my suspension compresses they will contact the tire and or wheel.

Should I install them on the inside? The only concern then appears to be a possible at full stuff MAYBE contacting brake hard lines. After measuring it may never reach because of bump stops.

I would install wheel spacers but can’t as I don’t have any and I have to get the Jeep back on the road tonight.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well. I think I realize the folly. I think they mean to have them mounted inside. In reference to their instructions they address the links contacting the Control Arm bracket and having to grind if needed. The only way the links would contact the bracket if they are indeed mounted inside with nuts on the outside.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
That’s mounted wrong

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Isn't the stock one on the outside?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't the stock one on the outside?

I believe they are. But I guess because of the lifted travel distance and stock wheel backspacing the new extended links contact the tire and or wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts