Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and can't find the answer so I am asking you. If it has been asked, please link me.

I have been a Jeep owner for 6 weeks or so. My only complaint are the automatic door locks.

I drive, park...try to open the back door and it's locked. How the hell can I remedy this?!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
found this in a google search.... let us know if it works... :thumb:

The toggling of the rolling door lock feature (between enabled and disabled) can be performed with the use of the scan tool or by the customer...

SCAN TOOL PROGRAMMING

When using a scan tool, select:
1. “Theft Alarm”
2. “VTSS”
3. “Miscellaneous” and then the desired function.

CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING

1. Open the driver door, sit in the driver seat, and close the door.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (without starting) and then back to OFF. Repeat this step three additional times (for a total of four key ON/OFF cycles).

3. Within 10 seconds of switching the ignition switch to the OFF position for the last time (at the end of the fourth cycle in the above step), press the driver interior door lock switch to LOCK.

4. A single chime will be heard to verify that the customer programmable toggle of the rolling door locks was successfully completed.

Steps 2 and 3 must be completed within 10 seconds.

NOTE: When toggling the rolling door locks (customer programmable), the toggle that happens will be from the last state of the rolling door locks. If the rolling door locks were enabled, after the toggle process, they will now be disabled and vice versa. There is no telltale chime to inform you of which state the rolling door locks are in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^

did this on mine and it work a while ago...I never heard the chime and it took longer than 10 seconds........I actually thought it didn't work but the next day all doors unlock when I exit.

it is in the manual also

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks everyone. I will try these this afternoon. Hope it works, I could really care less about autolocking doors to begin with :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^

did this on mine and it work a while ago...I never heard the chime and it took longer than 10 seconds........I actually thought it didn't work but the next day all doors unlock when I exit.

it is in the manual also
I never got a manual :) Might download one though lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was able to set all this up on the dash computer while going throught the menu options. Have a 13 JKUR tho and may be different for others. On a side note I can't believe I drive a jeep and have a menu in my dash :confused:... what happened to our CJ's??

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to set all this up on the dash computer while going throught the menu options. Have a 13 JKUR tho and may be different for others. On a side note I can't believe I drive a jeep and have a menu in my dash :confused:... what happened to our CJ's??
Damn, really?! That's sweet it gives you the option on screen!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I searched and can't find the answer so I am asking you. If it has been asked, please link me.

I have been a Jeep owner for 6 weeks or so. My only complaint are the automatic door locks.

I drive, park...try to open the back door and it's locked. How the hell can I remedy this?!

Mine has an option menu from the display center under the spedometer, useing the buttons on the steering wheel. You can set it to auto-unlock when you pull the handel after you park, or stay locked...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, none of the above fixes worked. Anything else I can try?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts