Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Still fairly new to forums so im not sure if this goes here but help and guidance please

I've done research for about a year now. The day i got my '15 JKU was the day i set to find the perfect look for it. I trail raid once in a blue moon (wish it was more but no where to go around here) and by trail ride, literaly trails, good scenery and fun...

So i was looking into 285/70(75)/R17.

im sticking with my stock sport 17" rims, due to budget problems im setting myself but please guide me on that also if anything is better so heres what i got and need help on:

315/70/17 mastercraft mxt's.
2.5" Rough country Budget boost.

-can i run without wheel spacers??
-RC BBL good? ive read equal bad/good reviews might as well get some more for food for thought.
-not going any higher for A LONG time than 315's.

help

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well. not justifying myself to just spend the extra and get the 2.5 teraflex coil lift.

but id like to spend like... the flat fee. id like to drop $300 on it and not need anything else so with that being said would i need shocks to fit my 315's??

·
Super Moderator
14,527 Posts
The RC Series II kit is a nice little BB. The only addition is that you might need caster correction and you will only know that after you install and verify your caster. It's fine to drive on low caster until you know if you need correction.

Also, you will need 1.5" wheel spacers to run 315's. They would rub like crazy without.

Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634

If you need caster correction:

Rubicon Express Front Control Arm Drop Brackets - Black Powdercoated - RUB-RE9800

Wheel spacers:

RedRock 4x4 1.5 in. Wrangler Wheel Spacers - 5x5 Bolt Pattern J100749 (07-16 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

That gets you up and running as inexpensively as possible...

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I don't know if this will answer your question or not but here's my 2 cents worth....

I have 2013 JK. I got a Rubicon Express 2.5" lift with monotube shocks. For wheels I'm running 285/75r16.

Obviously I'm not running 35s so I don't have any issues with tire rub.

It may have actually be Pressurized who mentioned this to me on another thread but regardless I'll repeat it (not word for word).

The Rubicon Express lift is a good kit. I have no issues with it and did the install myself. I have yet to take it off road so keep that in mind as well. My lift kit didn't have me replacing lower control bars or anything like that. It was springs, shocks and sway bar (stabilizer bars). If you don't do much off roading, like me, then you may want to consider a similar lift kit. Mine was $715.

I did replace the stock rims with Pro Comp 7069 which if I remember correctly had .11 off spacing and pushed the tires out just a smidge. This very well may be why I have no tire rub when turning.

When I was originally looking into lift and tires, I wanted as much lift as I could with BIG tires. After research and a reality check I found there was so much more involved than just suspension and tires. Drive shaft and gears are two of the things that came up when I looked into it. Brakes is another thing to think about. The added weight of tires and such can impact braking.

I'm no expert and clearly there are folks with more knowledge of how it all goes together but this is what I think. When I did mine I was also trying not to spend a lot of money which is impossible. Lift, tires and rims were all together around 3k and I installed the lift myself.

Either way when you go bigger don't forget to adjust your headlights and get a programmer to adjust the speedo for bigger tires. I ended up buying a Flashcal to do it myself. Oh the 3k includes the 100 for the flashcal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to highjack the OP's thread, but Pressurized, can you explain what needing caster correction feels like to the driver? Is low caster the source of kinda a vague or "floaty" steering feel post lift of my 2014 JKU?

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
Is low caster the source of kinda a vague or "floaty" steering feel post lift of my 2014 JKU?
Yes! You will also experience a less of a natural return to center of the steering wheel after making a turn (like turning onto another street).

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know a guy that went with the RC budget boost and wish he went with the Teraflex. I went with the Teraflex and I am very happy with it. It includes your rear trackbar relocation bracket.

·
Registered
970 Posts
im running a daystar 1.75" BB all around with 315 70 17 duratracs....just trimmed my air dam a smidge....you dont need anything else besides shocks
IMG_1232.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So luckily but not because I'm sad...
Didn't sell my dirt bike so I don't have the 35's yet..

But I still got the lift

It's 2" lift spacers and 2" rusty shocks and I got 2" wheel spacers since I'm running stock wheels

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys so sadly but luckily didn't get my tires yet.

So I still got the lift spacers

2" lift spacers and 2" rusty shocks.

Also got 2" wheel spacers because keeping stock wheels..

$100 off Craigslist :)

·
Super Moderator
14,527 Posts
Not to highjack the OP's thread, but Pressurized, can you explain what needing caster correction feels like to the driver? Is low caster the source of kinda a vague or "floaty" steering feel post lift of my 2014 JKU?
Yes, it is most commonly described as a wandering (a lot like floaty don't you think) feeling. You have to keep busy on the steering wheel to stay in your own lane. You said "vague" and I would equate that to "light" feeling steering...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts