Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been taking apart plastic interior pieces(dash,center console,interior door panels) from my 97 tj...they are tan colored and very dirty( grease,grime) I have used degreasers, Tuffstuff and nothing has seemed to work...they still look dirty...i took the haze off them with a heat gun but they still appear dirty...really cant go out to buy new parts and even when I look on Craigslist cant seem to find at REASONABLE price ...been using alot of elbow grease to no avail...if anyone has some tricks please let me know...thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
light cleaning with scotch-brite pad, clean up with acetone and spray with krylon fusion. viola! brand new part.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I've used diluted vinegar before and that has worked. Just make sure to go back over it afterwards with another cleaning agent because vinegar is corrosive over long periods of time.

Otherwise armor all all purpose cleaner wipes and spray works really well too. May save the trouble of being afraid to damage the plastic with the vinegar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts