Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just got a new Rubicon 2015 and am so happy with it! Was gonna ask the forum for some suggestions. Just upgraded the bumper and now looking to do some other fun stuff

1. Best winch?

2. Best lights for bull bar? LED?

3. Is there a Jerry can mount that you don't need to add a swag bar to? Something that is universal?

4. Tips on adding another battery?

5. Wheels and tires? I like the ones that come custom with the Rubi....I know they are not as massive and showy as some of the aftermarket stuff as I had on my old jeep.....any reason to take them off?

6. Any other suggestions for cheap/fun ways to increase Jeep Badassery?

Thanks for all the help guys! Looking forward to your answers

image-1591103875.jpg

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hey guys! Just got a new Rubicon 2015 and am so happy with it! Was gonna ask the forum for some suggestions. Just upgraded the bumper and now looking to do some other fun stuff 1. Best winch? 2. Best lights for bull bar? LED? 3. Is there a Jerry can mount that you don't need to add a swag bar to? Something that is universal? 4. Tips on adding another battery? 5. Wheels and tires? I like the ones that come custom with the Rubi....I know they are not as massive and showy as some of the aftermarket stuff as I had on my old jeep.....any reason to take them off? 6. Any other suggestions for cheap/fun ways to increase Jeep Badassery? Thanks for all the help guys! Looking forward to your answers
Congratulations!! Sorry I do not know the answer to most if your questions 1) for a winch, i like the warn 9.5 cti. It helped that is what my bumper was made to hold. 4) what are you doing with an extra battery and where do you want to mount it? I am learning how to do an under the hood install in a few weeks. 5) mud are great except for noise and packed snow/ice. I like my stock wheels so I used adapters to move them out a bit.
6) Increase the baddassery by driving it and enjoying it!!!

I have not done many mods. H4 headlights, spacers, diff covers, winch. Simple ones
One of the best things is not a mod at all but at bracket to hold my doors on the garage wall from skinnypedal.net
If I want to do any thing where the door might swing into cowl, I take the door off. On that note, grease your door hinges so they come off easily. You live in a warm area, doors and top off is the best!!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Congratulations on your new JKU Rubicon! I would suggest to use the search option for this forum to answer your questions. There are a lot of threads that debate what winch is the best, or cable verses synthetic winch lines. Think price is a big factor in most winch purchases.

Here info on a dual battery set up:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f210/howto-dual-battery-setup-11417.html
Jeep Dual Battery Kits - Mountain Off Road Enterprises

Here is some info on lights:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/windshield-mounted-lamps-1153401.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f282/offroad-lights-1113930.html

Cheap upgrades think about stickers for he jeep. Pixeldecals.com is a good place to start.

·
Commercial Member
560 Posts
Hey guys! Just got a new Rubicon 2015 and am so happy with it! Was gonna ask the forum for some suggestions. Just upgraded the bumper and now looking to do some other fun stuff

1. Best winch?

2. Best lights for bull bar? LED?

3. Is there a Jerry can mount that you don't need to add a swag bar to? Something that is universal?

4. Tips on adding another battery?

5. Wheels and tires? I like the ones that come custom with the Rubi....I know they are not as massive and showy as some of the aftermarket stuff as I had on my old jeep.....any reason to take them off?

6. Any other suggestions for cheap/fun ways to increase Jeep Badassery?

Thanks for all the help guys! Looking forward to your answers

View attachment 2019113
1. We have 2 Jeeps so we have to spend our money wisely. We have the Harbor Freight 12,000lb winch in both of our Jeeps and love them. We pulled a guy that was frame deep in clay with no problems. It may not be the best money can buy, but for the money ($299 on sale) it is a great buy.

2-4. Don't know

5. I have 35's mounted on stock rims and they look/ work great. You will need wheel spacers due to the tires being wider (use Spidertrax spacers).

6. $30 for a set of Angry Eyes (pretty badass, especially when combined with a color shifting halo kit).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts