Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! dies out when making left turns only or going over hills with just driver tires
tonight i was going over some snowy little bumps with just the drivers tires and my 90 yj 2.5l died out...then i noticed everytime i make a left turn it dies as well...right turn no problem...it starts right back up.....its dark as could be right now, but i plan on figuring it out in the am...im hoping just a bad connection on possibly the coil or similar...anyone ever have this problem????please help

·
Registered
958 Posts
Well if it were me I'd strt with fuel. Mine did that for a while because gas sloshes away from pump on a left turn or if the left side is elevated. Still does. But I'd Jack up the driver side and start it. See what happens. Would give u a good starting point.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im gonna dig into it tomorrow and take a look.. makes sense and im not too sure if the gauge works right, right now im at a 1/4 tank so we shall see

·
Registered
92 Posts
If your gas guage isn't any more accurate then mine, then it may be empty and reading 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i am officially we todd did... i put 5 gallons of gas in it and made every left turn i can think of and so far so good...lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
I remember the first week I had my jeep it did the same thing, I always thought my engine was dying or something, then I put more gas in it and it was just dandy :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lmao it still got street tires on it man...come on...lol...

·
Registered
7 Posts
My jeep dose that to as long as I keep mine above a 1/4 tank it dosent do it so just keep er full or dont turn left lmao ;)

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
might want to run a bottle of drygas in 'er. Its liquid... just named drygas and it obsorbs any water in the gas. ;)

Also, just to be sure... make sure your battery is tied down because if it shorted against metal it would kill your throttle body while + was touching ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts