Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 JKU rubicon with 49,000 miles and over the last month the engine has been acting up to say the least. It has completely died on me during rush hour and took 15 to restart typically what happens is I go to accelerate and the check engine light plus the stability control light comes on sometimes the check engine light will blink and other time just stay on and on one occasion the red lightning bolt light came on . Had at dealer and they scanned all stored codes which indicated a crankshaft position sensor which was replaced and still acted up so they replaced electronic throttle body and that seemed to help for 12 hours until it did the samething. jeep is out of warranty and I don't want to just keep throwing money at it so I am asking for any advice. Thanks in advance and hope I didn't buy a lemon .

·
Registered
907 Posts
I would check all ground wire connection's and wire's to the tipm ( fuse box )

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's getting very frustrating and my service rep seems like a good guy but he and his mechanic are at a loss

·
Registered
132 Posts
The code came up as crankshaft position sensor, sensor was replaced, problem still exists.

Does that code still come up?
Are there any other codes?
Was the wiring checked/replaced for the sensor to include the connectors on both ends?

I don't have a specific answer but it may be beneficial to follow the codes and troubleshoot the complete circuit.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
check the sensor...take the engine cover off and it should be on the left hand side between the on engine near the battery tray up next to the firewall (below the transmission dipstick). There should be a serial code on the sensor. If it starts with D Its a bad one and should be replaced. If it starts with B its the good one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
better picture:
**picture of the old sensor (starts with a D)**

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts