Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around in my flooded school parking lot having a damn good time when all of a sudden, my engine acted like I was stalling out (I drive a manual '98). I couldn't get it to work, so I turned off the engine and wouldn't turn back on (almost like it was sputtering water). I tried a few times to no success. Highly, highly unlikely that water got into the air intake, but something is definitely wrong...is my engine flooded, and if so, am I screwed? A friend of mine said TJ's tend to flood and it happened to his brother's jeep, but all i would just need to let it dry out. Is this accurate? Thanks

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Pull the air filter and see if it's wet
If it is, pull the spark plugs, unplug the coil and fuel injectors, and crank the engine for 30 seconds with the gas pedal pushed all the way down.... wait 5 minutes and do it again.... replace plugs, plug in injectors and coil, install a new air filter and try it..... hope like heck it doesn't start knocking....

Next change the oil, check and possibly change oil in diffs, trans, and t case..... and stop playing in high water

·
Registered
404 Posts
Was your exhaust tip under water when you turned off the Jeep? Cause if it was....when you tried to restart you may have sucked water back up the exhaust into the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts