Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll try to make this as short as possible while including all the info. Basically I have a 97 wrangler I bought back in the summer, and its been great. Dropped 2k in it already about 1k of it spent on new radiator, manifold, and some small things that popped up the rest was things I wanted to do to it. Its a 2.5l with 134000 miles on it. The check engine light came on a few weeks ago and I could tell a loss in power and acceleration. The engine also sounded a little raspier than normal. I was close to needing oil change and thought maybe that was it so I added a quart to it to get me by a day or two till I had the chance to take it to get changed. Then I noticed my oil pressure got pretty lower, around 20 on the pressure gage behind the wheel. I took it to the mechanic and they ran a compression test and said cylinder 1 had 120, cylinder 2 had 105, cylinder 3 had 90, and 4 had 115. Told me I would need a new engine. My questions is, is there anyway to fix this that would be cheaper than buying another engine? Thanks for all the help fellas

1 - 1 of 1 Posts