Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a rear drum brake spring kit for my jeep. I ended up with an extra spring for each side that I have no idea where it goes.

If you look at this photo it is the blue spring in the bottom left hand corner. https://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Photos/P25738c.jpg

The old set of springs has the same spring so it must go somewhere on the assembly. My Chilton manual shows the spring, but doesnt show a diagram for assembly.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Did they not send you installation directions with the parts?

If not, I would call them, and ask them to email them to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
stjdavis,

Do you have an e-mail address I can send a picture to? I have a picture of my brakes fully assembled, but it is too large to add as an attachment. It looks like this is the spring that keeps the shoes tied around the tensioner, at the bottom of the brakes.

Chris

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
that looks like the spring that goes across the bottom of the shoes where the adjuster goes....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ChristicalYJ said:
stjdavis,

Do you have an e-mail address I can send a picture to? I have a picture of my brakes fully assembled, but it is too large to add as an attachment. It looks like this is the spring that keeps the shoes tied around the tensioner, at the bottom of the brakes.

Chris
my email is [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts