Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi fellow jeepers,

I'll just cut right to the chase. I have a 97' 4.0 liter Wrangle Sport and I am facing the following issues:

1. The fuse for the gauges and radio under the hood keeps blowing as soon as I put in a new one. It just instantly goes out. Initially it went off after a couple of days but now I just does instantly. there is a short somewhere in the circuit, this I figured out but I have limited electrical skills but I do have a multimeter and a soldering gun. How can I trace the short? Where do I look? How?

2. The AC is leaking. It started slowly but now it goes out in a matter of hours. Can you guys give me some pointers as to where to look?

3. Lastly, I accidentally bought a YJ thermostat gasket. Can I use it on my TJ?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
1. Unfortunately, finding shorts is not easy. Hand trace the wires until you find where it is rubbing or a burnt sport. Usually where a wire cuts a corner around metal, not always.

2. Go to an AC shop. They can insert a dye that will show where the leak is.

3. Maybe, depends on the shape of the housing. Not worth being stuck in the middle of a job because of a $2 gasket. Get the correct one and be sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts