Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.5 inch Rough Country lift (coils and shocks) on my 08' unlimited Sahara. I'm looking to start upgrading my lift and from everything I've read the front lower control arm geometry correction brackets help a lot with maintaining a softer ride. However, rough country's brackets state to only be used with a 3.5 inch lift and above. I'm wondering if it's work to find some brackets to use even though my lift is just 2.5 inches? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Rancho

Get the Rancho Geometry correction brackets. I am running these on my lift. They have multiple holes so it can be adjusted from a 2-4" lift. Just be sure to get the updated version of the bracket, part number RS62103 and not the RS6250B as they new ones are adjustable and built heavier.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also the Rancho brackets are boxed and welded instead of being a 2 piece design like the Rough Country and AEV brackets. Makes them stronger and much easier to install.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just my two cents, I have a 2.5 Tereflex coil lift and installed the Rough Country correction brackets, I have no issues at all with the design

·
Registered
511 Posts
I often hear the word "flighty" in describing the before ride quality, but I am not sure if I know the meaning of this. I think I do, but not sure. Does flighty mean the Jeep moves within your lane? The best way to describe it is it kinda feels like I am gliding within a lane. Is that the same as flighty?

For those of you who have installed these, how has it changed your ride?

I am looking at the Rancho, AEV and Rubicon Express Geometry Correction brackets.

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 2.5" budget boost, Rancho 5000x shocks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah your description is what I had after installing my lift. Put those brackets on there and it brought back the "controlled" feel. I would say my Jeep drives better than stock now with the upgraded shocks and coils.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
after my lift, it was nerve wracking trying to keep it in my lane. after the control arm brackets, it felt like it was more stable in the lane than stock, and the bump absorption in the front was improved. i have the RE drop brackets with adjustable castor holes and im set in the lowest hole for most castor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts