Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have alittle issue some a&@ hole hit me last night and left the scene I woke up and found the damage, it isn't bad but cosmetic he took out my driver side side step and rear fender flare. The dealership wants way to much for the side step and I wanted to do rock sliders anyway so I figure ill just do it now. I've looked at a lot of brands but if any one can recommend a good quality set that won't break the bank I would apresiate it. I have a 14 jku

·
Super Moderator
23,437 Posts
you can pick up rubi rails for $100 or less on Craigslist. ACE sliders are good and not terrible in price. lots of choices out there.

·
Wile E.
1,001 Posts
+1 on the craigslist. Someone's usually selling their tradeoffs. Check your local area. I ended up getting some Smittybilt off Quadratec for about$200 because I could only find 4 door ones on craigslist and I have a 2 door. It fit great, no overhangs on either end like some report on the stock Rubi's. The only thing was the small washers for the brackets that bolt to the pinch seams, they were to small. Picked some up from Lowe's for a couple bucks and good go. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I looked around in there not to many for sale in my area my price range is like 300-400 anything high quality in that range

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I really want something steal that bolts to the frame securely and will hold up to another hit if this happens again

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
They are super strong man. The ACE, JCR, the PCS Rocker Knockers, even the OEM Rubi rails would probably hold up.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are super strong man. The ACE, JCR, the PCS Rocker Knockers, even the OEM Rubi rails would probably hold up.

-Dan
How are the smittybilt ones I here mixed reviews

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking at the JCR bolt on sliders myself.

They also make a kit that welds to the oem rubi rail. Pretty cool actually.
Interesting maby I'll go for those, mine is a jku sport I have the Sahara steps on mine, they look nice but there this hard plastic and obviously don't hold up very well, I live in nyc so I won't be rock crawling lol but some strong rock sliders will def help cause people here can't drive at all and I can't tell you how many times I woke up to damage to my cars

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
the first one looks thousand times better.

Keep in mind the pictures on the website are misleading. They are showing them with the Rubicon rail above them. If you don't have those then it would even look worst. Here is what the look like by themselves.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the first one looks thousand times better.

Keep in mind the pictures on the website are misleading. They are showing them with the Rubicon rail above them. If you don't have those then it would even look worst. Here is what the look like by themselves.

Quality wise they the same ?

·
Super Moderator
23,437 Posts
The Garvin is going to require drilling into your frame the Ace just bolt on. I had the Ace sliders and they are solid as a rock. I personally would rather not have to drill the frame but some don't mind drilling.

·
Super Moderator
23,437 Posts
somebody on the AEV forum is selling a set of enhanced ruby rails from the COD edition looking for best offer you might want to check it out as said he will ship.

·
Registered
664 Posts
SYNERGY MANUFACTURINGÂ*::Â*Body & ExteriorÂ*::Â*Synergy Jeep JK Rubicon Rock Rail Kit
After the rails. Cost to weld .. I don't know if these would be worth it.
I'd recommend rock skins for any options that add onto the Rubicon sliders if they're going to get used or abused. The mounting points aren't that strong and the extra leverage will cause the slider to flex more. Hell, I've read them flexing just using them as a step. And like you said, the cost is getting up there if you don't weld them yourself.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool I can weld but I rather not to anything permanent like that and like I said I live in nyc and won't be rock crawling so these will be mainly protection from other cars who seem to like to hit me at night when I'm park and leave without leaving a note lol the aev seem good and affordable

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have the poison spyder weld on kit for the stock rubi rails. they look really good and allow the wife to be able to get in and out without sliding on the seat. However they do not work for crawling. Only mounting on the body allows too much flex on the body and will chip the paint. If your only doing for cosmetic or ease of entry the weld on kit will work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts