Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of the small add a fuse kits on amazon and want to make sure i got this right before i install it. Would using the m6 or m7 fuse in the tipm be ideal? This is on a 2012 jk. Im wanting switched power source not one constantly on. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Got one of the small add a fuse kits on amazon and want to make sure i got this right before i install it. Would using the m6 or m7 fuse in the tipm be ideal? This is on a 2012 jk. Im wanting switched power source not one constantly on. Thanks for any help.

You don't need a fuse directly from the tipm.

Use the outlet on the back of the rear view mirror, or use the 12 volts off your power outlet on the dash. They are there and already fused. Why run wire through the firewall when you don't need to.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont like cutting and splicing wire, its pretty easy to go straight through the passenger side, already did with my 10ga fridge wiring. Just looking for plug and play. I would use the mirror but mine doesnt have lights or anything, i have everything else power except the lighted rearview mirror lol.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts

·
Registered
7,844 Posts
I spliced into the cigarette lighter power. It is constant on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts