Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started my jeep to warm up for a 3 hr drive. The check engine light came on. (never saw it before) Code is P1698 Is it ok to drive like this? I have to leave in less then 2 hours! It drove to work just fine. No shifting problems at all...I did notice is about 1/2 qt. low on oil which i will add before I get out of town. [email protected]#$ why now when I have to leave and it's 10:30 PM grrrr.

TIA
Angie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it seems I got this code because I was low on oil? I added a quart of oil and the light check engine light went off....I'm not sure why it was throwing that code so I will wait and see if it comes back on. I drove 400 miles and it hasn't come back on yet. Thank you for the responses!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Well it seems I got this code because I was low on oil? I added a quart of oil and the light check engine light went off....I'm not sure why it was throwing that code so I will wait and see if it comes back on. I drove 400 miles and it hasn't come back on yet. Thank you for the responses!
Hah what a weird code to throw for low oil. But glad you fixed it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts