Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This whole story began with symptoms of the horn not working and the air bag light on. After reading the forums, I quickly figured out that the clock spring was the culprit. I replaced it today. The horn still would not work. I figured out that a fuse located next to the horn relay was blown. I replaced it, pressed the horn again, checked the fuse and it was blown again. After reading some more forums, I figured that the horns may have shorted out or something so I replaced both the horns. When I went to reinsert the horn fuse, I was startled when the horn started to sound without me even pressing the horn on the steering wheel. Does anyone out there have an idea of what might be going on? Could the horn button on my steering wheel be stuck? How do I replace it? Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I had an issue with my horn just going off at 6 in the morning on a Saturday!! The neighbors were mad!! I pulled plug off horn under the hood, then went over to passenger side and checked fuse pulled fuse plugged horn back in and put fuse in. Still going off, I pressed on fuse block and it would stop. Mechanic from across the street came over and the wiring harness under fuse block the wire going in was frayed from rubbing so we duct tapped the tray underneath and taped the harness up again and it's good to go. Maybe check that out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts