Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
top of the sway bar links out of the swaybar? I have the bottom bolts out and the top nuts off, but how to I get the link out of the sway bar? Thanks, Scooby

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
just bang on it with a hammer. They're pretty tight, so just give it a couple of good wacks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
swing the sway bar down and towards the front. Put a block of wood between it and the bumper and whack away! When it comes out, it's gonna fly, so be careful.

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
I leave the axle end hooked up and take the sway bar end out first. Of course... I use a BFH. The stock sway bar end links are tapered so they will be kinda sticky. Once you pop it free on both sides you can disconnect from the axle. Been doin it that way for a couple years now and it is THE best method I've found. Sometimes, just sometimes, the BFH is the best tool for the job despite what Tiny thinks. :p

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Connect the bottom and wack the sway bar up as close as you can to the end right near the links. I used a 1lb hammer and it did the job. I just got my Wrangler last month so the BFH tradition hasnt kicked in yet :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
well tiny terror is taking the fun out of it but it is possiable to do it with out a hammer and it is less likly to go flying were ever the hell it wants (including the top of you fender, speaking form experience). What you do is connect the bottom of the links, then take a floor jack and a 2x4 that will reach from the sway bar to the jack and push up thats it! it will take a little force and it is less barbaric then using a BFH, but in all honesty one of my main mottos is "if it donst fit force it, if it still dont fit get a hammer, if is still being stubborn get a bigger hammer, then repeat" so do it the way you feel is right!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am installing the Skyjacker disconnects tonight and have run into the same problem. Off to get the BFH ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts