Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!!
I have a 2008 JKU Sahara with 72K miles

Im having the P0302 code on my jeep. Ive checked and replaced the plugs and wires with no luck. I've tested the ignition coil pack and its sending fire to the plugs. My last hope is to just replace the #2 injector.

I would appreciate any help on how to get to the injectors and how to remove the #2 one. If anyone has some pics or a write up on how they have replaced an injector it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You! Looks pretty easy. Any hints or tricks to this procedure?

Also can the injector be cleaned or only replaced?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have only replaced them, but I expect you could clean them. It's pretty straightforward. Just be careful with the electrical connectors and label the connections do you don't mix anything up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks George for the help!

It was a pretty easy job to get the injectors out. (except a few bolts that were tricky to get to)
I removed the #2 injector and cleaned it the best i could. While i had the other injectors accessible I removed the #1 injector, cleaned it, and swapped it with the #2 position. Just in case the cleaning didn't fix the problem.

After everything got put back together the jeep ran fine for a few minutes then started again running rough. This time throwing a P0301 code.

Looks like the original #2 injector is bad or just too dirty to clean and function.
I guess I'm just going to have to purchase a new injector.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
No problem. Hope a new injector solves the problem

·
Registered
41 Posts
A new injector in cylinder 5 solved the intermittent problem with my '08 JK running rough and triggering a check engine light after warm-up.
It was a P0205 code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 Wrangler Cylinder 5 misfire HELP

Good evening all, so I’m having a very similar issue and I would like to know if maybe I can get some of you to help diagnose my issue As I’m hoping the rings aren’t shot on cylinder 5.

Should I get someone to dig into it or is it something I can possibly do to identify the issue. I am some what mechanically inclined so if anyone would be willing to help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

2008 Wrangler with the 3.8 all stock

I hooked my scanner up and it read the following codes.

P0305/$07E8 - Cylinder 5 Misfire detected
P0205/$07E8 - Injector Circuit/ Open Cylinder 5
P0420/$07E8 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
P0430/$07E8 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
48,305 Posts
Good evening all, so I’m having a very similar issue and I would like to know if maybe I can get some of you to help diagnose my issue As I’m hoping the rings aren’t shot on cylinder 5.

Should I get someone to dig into it or is it something I can possibly do to identify the issue. I am some what mechanically inclined so if anyone would be willing to help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

2008 Wrangler with the 3.8 all stock

I hooked my scanner up and it read the following codes.

P0305/$07E8 - Cylinder 5 Misfire detected
P0205/$07E8 - Injector Circuit/ Open Cylinder 5
P0420/$07E8 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
P0430/$07E8 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2
Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts