Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

With spring upon us, I will soon be switching out the full doors on my 2015 JKUHR with my factory half doors.

One of the things I need to do is change the connectors on my half doors so that they mate with the connectors on my JKUHR. Because JK factory half doors never came with heated mirrors or power door locks (as far as I can tell), the connectors are different.

The installation sheets for the half doors simply indicate that you should remove the pins from the half door harness and install them in a full door heated mirror, power window, power door lock connector. The install kit contains the connectors I need.

The problem is, I cannot figure out how to de-pin the half door connectors. I have searched the Internet and this forum, but cannot find a single good source that explains the de-pinning process for the JK factory half door connectors.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I can purchase a de-pinning tool if I need to, but I still need some detailed directions. Note that I have successfully lifted the pin lock on the connectors, but cannot figure out how to get the pins out.

Thanks so much for any guidance you may be able to offer.

Best,

Joe

·
Registered
664 Posts
Not exactly sure what your asking, but if you want to remove the electrical connector pins that are attatched to the wires from the plastic connector body then you'll need a tool to do it.

I bought one similar to this from amazon, it fits a variety of plugs. Not sure which tool you'll need but it's probably one of the round ones, you slide it in from the pin end and push, this will release the tab that's locking the pin into the connector, then pull gently on the wire to remove, you may have to wist the tool slightly to get it to release completely.

This video might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNO49GYv5Ng

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Hi All, With spring upon us, I will soon be switching out the full doors on my 2015 JKUHR with my factory half doors. One of the things I need to do is change the connectors on my half doors so that they mate with the connectors on my JKUHR. Because JK factory half doors never came with heated mirrors or power door locks (as far as I can tell), the connectors are different. The installation sheets for the half doors simply indicate that you should remove the pins from the half door harness and install them in a full door heated mirror, power window, power door lock connector. The install kit contains the connectors I need. The problem is, I cannot figure out how to de-pin the half door connectors. I have searched the Internet and this forum, but cannot find a single good source that explains the de-pinning process for the JK factory half door connectors. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I can purchase a de-pinning tool if I need to, but I still need some detailed directions. Note that I have successfully lifted the pin lock on the connectors, but cannot figure out how to get the pins out. Thanks so much for any guidance you may be able to offer. Best, Joe
Are you sure the connectors that came with your half door are the correct ones? The ones that came with mine last year were 8 pin connectors and my 2014 had 10 pin connectors.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was looking for. Amazon here I come!

Not exactly sure what your asking, but if you want to remove the electrical connector pins that are attatched to the wires from the plastic connector body then you'll need a tool to do it.

I bought one similar to this from amazon, it fits a variety of plugs. Not sure which tool you'll need but it's probably one of the round ones, you slide it in from the pin end and push, this will release the tab that's locking the pin into the connector, then pull gently on the wire to remove, you may have to wist the tool slightly to get it to release completely.

This video might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNO49GYv5Ng

1 - 4 of 4 Posts