Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to the forum and need some help. I have a 89 yj sahara was a 4.2. I swapped a 4.0 HO out of a 93 grand Cherokee and a aw4 trans and transfer case from 96 Cherokee. I also swapped the dash and engine harness out of the 89 yj with a 93 yj 4.0 HO harness and have one plug that I have no idea what and where it goes. I have searched and cant find it any where please help. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok guys update pulled the harness and traced some wires looks like the vss (vehicle speed sensor) wires run in this plug but not sure what else. Its like im missing a sub harness anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Wow! Nobody Knows, no "Seafoam" or "Vacuum leak" are any thing! LOL
Maybe it goes to the 8.8 ford Dif. "You Must Install", Nothing?

·
Registered
103 Posts
If so then it is probably for ac controls. I have one too, I think it looks like that, I think after a certain year they put the ac controls in the dash whether the jeep had the option or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeep jeep yj could you take a picture of your plug and is yours connected to anything is your jeep a auto or manual and what year? Thanks

/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And yes this is under the hood about 12-16" form under hood fuse box it comes out of the haness in the same spot as the distributor plug and oil pressure plug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok guys looks like this plug could very well be for the fuel pump vss and not sure what else. Can anyone look and see if you have this plug. If anybody has a fuel pump harness please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
yeah the plug I was talking about is the scanner tool plug... let me go look at my wiring really quick and I'll come back with an answer hopefully.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I didn't realize you had the 4.0 HO harness... I do however have a connector in the same place... sort of. I circled the connector in red and you can see where the wires lead in purple... where the harness heads towards the back it goes down to a ground, to something in the coil wiring harness and heads to the back. I didn't trace it under the jeep but I'd say the fuel pump is a good guess.

I have a 1995 yj 2.5, 5 speed.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks its def the fuel pump vss and reverse neutral safety switch just need a pin out and maybe wire colors. And if anyone might have a spare fuel pump harness for a 4.0 please let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts