Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I was going through my new, to me, 2001 TJ and found this toggle and button on the sides of my OBD Port. I can only assume it must be some sort of kill switch but since I bought it from a dealer I don't have contact with the original owner to find out. Wires from both go into the wiring harness, under the dash. anyone seen these before?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I once had a used car with a toggle switch in the ash tray compartment. I eventually determined that it's function was to disable the brake lights. Why that feature was desired is still a mystery.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I had a small switch like that on my firewall that was to an alarm system. Trace the wires, pull the loom and find out. Not a fun project but its the only way you will find out what exactly it is.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Those are definitely for an alarm system.... valet switch and programming button

·
Registered
30 Posts
My guess a switch to disconnect the door button switches for when the doors are removed. I installed something similar to not need the spring clips or pulling the fuse, when I take the doors off I just flip the switch to turn off the interior lights disabling the door buttons.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
It's non stock, only way to find out is to trace the wires. Guessing won't do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts