Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to the jeeping world. Pretty much on a learn as I go. Found out that replacing a ring and pinion is harder than I thought. I want to see if theres anyone out there willing to help me out. Beer is givin. email me [email protected] thanks I live in vandalia btw.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Think about this before you install the gears yourself. You can spend about $500 and get and complete ring/gear package with master install kit and have no warranty and then you set it up wrong and ruin your gears or even something worse. Then you have to take it to a shop and let them regear it for about $1000, this time with warranty. Now you have spent $1500 on the regear or just take it to the shop and spend the $1000 right off the bat and have the warranty. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or like I said before. Find someone that knows what there doing. I have a couple of buddies that know this stuff but there all hunting right now. Just trying to find someone while I can. And save this so called 1000. Because I could always go to a junk yard find a 35 or a 44 and just throw it in there and be done with this. That's as long as it still have the stock gearings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts