Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a used supertop in excellent shape for my 91.
came w/ frame , soft top and all the windows and the rear bar.
I have all my frame rails from a stock top. what else do i need?
I notice the horizontal bar above the doors has 2 ballbearings that go in and out where do these attach to??
also the frame has an integrated windshield bracket. but it doesnt align to my windshield frame correctly, it sits about flush to the top of frame but the holes are 1/8" to high.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I'm not sure about what you mean about the top of the frame but the rods with the ball-type retainers connect to some brackets that mount to the windshield frame with the same bolts as the bar extenders. You must not have that bracket.

I could pull one of mine out and take a photo so you know what it looks like, but it'll be the weekend before i do it.

Let me know if you need me to do that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I actually found Bestops intructions w/pics.
what year is your yj?
is your windshield bracket integrated onto your frame as well?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about that

my frame to my super top has the windshield bracket welded from the factory. is yours or did you have to buy aftermarket?:confused:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
No, mine is the same. My frame is the stock top frame, so it sounds like that's what you have. I still use the factory top, but I think you have the bestop replaceatop thing.

Can you post a pic of what you have?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes correct I have a Bestop Supertop

My top is aftermarket, its a Bestop Supertop.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah, I am thinkin' you have the stock frame with the after-market top.

I'll be glad to pull out a bracket for the bar and take pics for you, if you need them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts