Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 14 jku with 1300 miles and it's making this rattling noise that sounds like it's coming from right under the shifter, when I idle you can here it and if I touch the gas it gets louder until I hit about 1100 rpm, if I push the clutch in it stops but if I'm rolling and my foot is on the clutch it does it any one have this problem? It's also doing the dripping noise behind the dash but I know what that is could it be connected?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dripping noise is separate from the clutch problem. http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/fyi-water-sound-behind-dash-diagnosed-by-chrysler-186603.html

Sounds like it could be a bad throwout bearing or a broken spring in the pressure plate or clutch disc, it's under warranty so I wouldn't worry about it and take it to the dealer to fix.
Yeah I'm gonna head over there's this week I've read some stuff about that and everyone says they get it fixed and three weeks later it's doing it again this def my first new car that is giving me transmission issues with only 1300 miles

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hear that noise under the shifter also. I only have a little under 500 miles. I'm not sure if it's just everything "breaking in" or if it's a sign of a problem. Same as you I Ty don't want anyone taking apart things on my new jeep. I'm going to give it some time to see if it goes away. If it doesn't of gets worse I'll try to pin point the location. I notice the noise on acceleration in every gear on light or heavy load. I'm hoping it's not the transmission. Haven't heard that dripping noise your talking about from the dash though. I will listen for that now. Man I'm going to be really upset if it's a throw out bearing or a bad clutch spring. I'm a tech at a nissan dealer and I know how inconvenient it is to leave your vehicle and take a loaner.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear that noise under the shifter also. I only have a little under 500 miles. I'm not sure if it's just everything "breaking in" or if it's a sign of a problem. Same as you I Ty don't want anyone taking apart things on my new jeep. I'm going to give it some time to see if it goes away. If it doesn't of gets worse I'll try to pin point the location. I notice the noise on acceleration in every gear on light or heavy load. I'm hoping it's not the transmission. Haven't heard that dripping noise your talking about from the dash though. I will listen for that now. Man I'm going to be really upset if it's a throw out bearing or a bad clutch spring. I'm a tech at a nissan dealer and I know how inconvenient it is to leave your vehicle and take a loaner.
Yeah tough with work to get time to do it and I'm just more frustrated that this is happening to a new vehicle and can possibly be a issue and cost a lot over the life of it, I know jeeps don't have the best reliability but 40 or 50 thousand miles would be alittle understandable not 1300, but the dripping noise isn't a big deal you need to add more coolant and bleed the lines. But hopefully this is not a big issue and I can fix it once and that's it and not have to fight with the dealership over it

·
Registered
137 Posts
So I kind of have a update on that noise. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the shifter versus the trans. When I hold the shifter in gear the noise goes away. I'm thinking maybe there's some retainer on the shifter that isn't holding snug enough to eliminate the noise or if it's normal. I've decided to wait it out for a bit to see if it gets worse or better. It's not like I'm short on time for warranty to cover it. I just don't want anyone but me taking down my trans yet lol. I also notice my radio bezel isn't sitting flush along with my power wonder switch trim. Kind of upset about that. Have to go to the dealer to get that replaces. But even that I'm going to wait. I hate taking apart things that are still so new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts