Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year all!
Recently I put in H13 led's into my 2010 wrangler with ballasts and can bus cancellers. Only issue they are flickering while DRL (daytime running lights) are on (canada wranglers only have these I believe). When you see the DRL's on with the stock headlights its almost like a half low beam light being outputted. So with these LED's, they are both taking turns flickering when the DRL system is on, simply because I believe they are not getting the full low beam voltage. Is there any way to fix this to have the DRL's outputting the same as low beam or any other solution?

Thanks a lot!

·
Banned
774 Posts
unfortunately the only way to get them to work is to buy a procal or flashcal and turn the DRL feature off. You can also buy LED headlights that are DRL compatible but they don't make a bulb that is compatible only a full housing swap.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
They aren't seeing enough Voltage. Get a programmer and switch your DRL's to the actual Low Beams. Then they will get full power and not flicker.

·
Registered
77 Posts
if you are in canada drl are needed, get a tuner and change the setting, personnaly i like the drl on the fog light. if you are in usa, you can just go to a dealer and get the drl turn off completely

·
Banned
774 Posts
if you are in canada drl are needed, get a tuner and change the setting, personnaly i like the drl on the fog light. if you are in usa, you can just go to a dealer and get the drl turn off completely
Just so you know before you go to the dealership they normally charge between, $175-$300 to flash the computer and turn it off. It's normally cheaper to just buy a tuner. Some state laws as well want allow the dealership to turn it off, even in the USA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I installed Sunpie 8700 Led Headlights in my 2011 Canadian Rubicon and had the same issue. My DRL are set to use the high beam and I had flicker issues. I bought a set of Trucklight Anti-Flicker Harnesses and it solved my problems. I also am waiting on my Traildash 2 to arrive and once it does I will no longer have DRL enabled. Or if I do it will be my LED fog lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts