Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am looking for the best place to run the wiring for my windshield bracket lights through the firewall to the switch...Looking for advice before potentially breaking out the drill. I saw one previous post on here but it did not really answer my question. Thanks

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
Open your drivers door, on the end of your dash is a flat panel, remove it, pops right off. After its removed you will se a foam filled hole in the firewall. I pushed my wires thru there. I used the rugged ridge a piller swich pod and use my switches to ground my relays so I didn't have to find a power source in the interior.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OK from the windshield, you undo the four torx bolts (2 on each side) for the cowl. Lift up and run the wires into the engine bay. From there run them to the driver's side and put a relay somewhere on the firewall by the brake master cylinder. Next to the Master Cylinder, you'll see wires running through the firewall. You can use that to run wires into the cab.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Open your drivers door, on the end of your dash is a flat panel, remove it, pops right off. After its removed you will se a foam filled hole in the firewall. I pushed my wires thru there. I used the rugged ridge a piller swich pod and use my switches to ground my relays so I didn't have to find a power source in the interior.
OK from the windshield, you undo the four torx bolts (2 on each side) for the cowl. Lift up and run the wires into the engine bay. From there run them to the driver's side and put a relay somewhere on the firewall by the brake master cylinder. Next to the Master Cylinder, you'll see wires running through the firewall. You can use that to run wires into the cab.

^^^ These. Both.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used the rubber plug just to the left of the clutch pedal on the firewall, cut a small slit and run wires through worked good

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome fellas...I did find and use the rubber plug by the master cylinder...thanks, they work great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts