Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas on how I can bring my TJ's soft top back to life short of purchasing a new one. Does anyone do this for a fee? Overall my top is in good condition, the expected sun fade, the window zippers need replacement and the drivers side window plastic has a long puncture. Ideas on how to rejuvenate the canvas would be great also. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Ive been using Dawn dishsoap, a horse hair brush, and 303 Protectant on my 6 year old Trek NX top and it brought some shine back to it. It was starting to get a little faded and mud stains were getting out of control. Start by rinsing the top, then put dawn on the brush and brush all fabric parts of the top. Then dry and coat with 303.

Ive also been using Meguiars Plastix on the windows and have seen a little better clarity with it.

·
Jeep Flip-Ur-Top Commercial Member
873 Posts
Ive been using Dawn dishsoap, a horse hair brush, and 303 Protectant on my 6 year old Trek NX top and it brought some shine back to it. It was starting to get a little faded and mud stains were getting out of control. Start by rinsing the top, then put dawn on the brush and brush all fabric parts of the top. Then dry and coat with 303.

Ive also been using Meguiars Plastix on the windows and have seen a little better clarity with it.
X2 on the Meguires for the windows. In my area there are shops that repair boat sails, and boat cabin covers with the vinyl windows....but I would think their rates to redo a soft top could be as much as buying a new one.

If you were willing to take some time, I would say that you could bring back the color of the fabric yourself, and also repair or replace the zippers. I'm not so sure about repairing any tears in the windows though, although it may be possible to replace a section of vinyl. This all seems like a lot of work though. If you do all that it might be worth adding the sunrider to it!

Good luck!!

Reactions: RetiredUSAFMSgt
1 - 6 of 6 Posts