Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like the top one. I prefer vintage/classic looking stuff. The bottom looks like modern military.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I don't have much experience with Smittybilt myself, but I would try and stay away from their bigger products (Like their bumpers). They are notorious for having fitting issues, and are kind of cheap too.

Now, if someone has a Smittybilt SRC bumper and has had no problems with it...Then maybe I could be wrong. But all I've heard about Smittybilt is bad things.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Installed the Smittybuit on my wife's TJ and had no problems with it fitting. Also installed one of their winches and had no problem with the fit with that as well. I will say this though, I did notice the the D-ring brackets on the bumper where not on straight or "square" with the bumper. It was slight but still noticeable to me, but not to the wife and I did not point it out to her either. :)

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
The Body Armor front bumper TJ-19531 is a really nice bumper.

This bumper's end caps are reinforced where the other budget bumpers aren't. In addition, this comes with a built in winchplate and a steering box skid plate. Separately, a winch plate would run you about $70 and a steering box skid plate another $50....Thats a lot of good bumper for the money!

Send Joe (Quadratec vendor on here) a PM....he'll price match and give you free shipping. Do your research to find the lowest price and he'll match it. I paid $369.95 for mine....can't really beat that!:thumb:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Go with a nates 4x4 stubbed down model one!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nashorn101 said:
I don't have much experience with Smittybilt myself, but I would try and stay away from their bigger products (Like their bumpers). They are notorious for having fitting issues, and are kind of cheap too.

Now, if someone has a Smittybilt SRC bumper and has had no problems with it...Then maybe I could be wrong. But all I've heard about Smittybilt is bad things.
my smittybilt SRC fit perfectly, looks great, and holds strong. fit on my yj until it died then got my TJ and omg it bolted right over in 5 minutes no modifications or anything.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nashorn101 said:

I installed SRC to my TJ. I love it and it's holding like a champ. Fit was perfect. It was really easy to install and I have absolutely no issues with it.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Ok, thanks for the info. What kind of quality are the BA ones, do you know?
The BA bumpers are great quality. The Smittybilt has no reinforcement on the back like the BA does. The textured paint is definitely better than SB. And you get the steering box skid plate. The bumper is well worth the money spent. If I can find some free time I'll try to take some pictures of the back so you will know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
in fact everybody says smittybilt has garbage products but I have A LOT of their smaller things on my TJ and had more on my yj the only complaint is never use the cheap nuts and bolts they give you. in fact I ordered cj mirrors from them, the add didn't say id need hinges to mount then to, I got the mirrors and couldn't mount them, called smittybilt customer service complained, 2 days later had the hinges in black (to match the mirrors) at my door free of charge. $60 hinges and shipping to install my $30 mirrors. id buy from them again no doubt.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Another bumper that is similar to the Smittybilt XRC is Spyder (search "spyder bumper" on ebay or amazon). I was thinking of going with Spyder over Smitty, but now I'm considering that Body Armor one...

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Body Armor front bumper TJ-19531 is a really nice bumper.

This bumper's end caps are reinforced where the other budget bumpers aren't. In addition, this comes with a built in winchplate and a steering box skid plate. Separately, a winch plate would run you about $70 and a steering box skid plate another $50....Thats a lot of good bumper for the money!

Send Joe (Quadratec vendor on here) a PM....he'll price match and give you free shipping. Do your research to find the lowest price and he'll match it. I paid $369.95 for mine....can't really beat that!:thumb:
Can you post some pictures of your bumper from other angles? I'm only finding the same picture you posted on the web.

Edit: Sorry, just re-read your post above that you're already going to get some pictures.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts