Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Trail Ready beadlocks and am having a lot of trouble keeping the lip of the rim behind the lock ring clean. Water likes to pool up there and then the metal stains. I've tried Mothers polish with the Mothers ball attachment for a drill and it does nothing. Any ideas how I can get this black stuff off?

image-576115570.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'd google 'buffing, polishing' compounds online. 3M makes a lot of such products. Something like that with a drill attachment (mothers power ball you mention) may work.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Once you get it clean (however that ends up happening) try using either a good paint sealant or one of the wheel specific wax/sealant products on them. Should help keep that from happening in the future.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You have Alum. Oxide stains

You can try straight vinegar. The difficulty you may have is the oxide may have penetrated the clear coat (if they are clear coated).

Flitz is a good polish but in the case that you do not have any you can try Kit scratch out.....or even crest tooth polish it is a very fine abrasive. :wavey:

Good luck

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nev-R-Dull Wadding Polish is my go-to for rims and all non-painted surfaces, even removes oxidation.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I feel for you, all the products listed will work. The problem is you'll have to do them over and over again. I was once a slave to my wheels. I think that's part of the reason so many went to black wheels and I went one step farther going to black teflon coated wheels that nothing sticks to.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nev r dull did not work. I was able to get them reasonably clean with Mothers and a ton of elbow grease! But yeah it will suck having to do this again. I spent hours on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts