Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the BFG KM2s I have 35s would post pic but reached my limit on uploads... I love the tires they are awesome work great in mud and really good on the rocks....

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I have km2's on both my cj7 and my lj. The upload gods are angry with me but there should be a pic on my vehicle profile. I would suggest a 1" body lift if you are planning on 33's though. 3" of combined lift is about the minimum for 33's on a tj.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Her are my 33" Duratracs compared to my old 31" mallterrains.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm throwing my vote in for Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar. :thumb: I know you said KM2's or Duratracs but I thought I would show you a another option.

20121118_160953.jpg

·
Registered
831 Posts
Jonny, if your still in the Ormond area, head over to discount Tire at Williamson and hwy 40. Good selection / good prices / good guys there. I was not looking for a mud tire and went with the Cooper ATPs.

You don't need anything rock rated...lol....unless your riding up on the curb at the late night drive thur at BK !

What suspension lift do you have ? How do you like it ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just recently purchased the Wrangler Dura tracks. So far I am very happy, it looks aggressive and has a nice quite smooth ride. I also have 33 12.5 tires. For a set of four grand total cost was $ 944 dollars if you are wondering. Sorry no pictures I am unable too at the moment. When I get a chance I will put some up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Give Wild Country MTX's a look as well. I had outstanding wear on my YJ (50K+) and they were one of my first purchases for my TJ.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jonny, if your still in the Ormond area, head over to discount Tire at Williamson and hwy 40. Good selection / good prices / good guys there. I was not looking for a mud tire and went with the Cooper ATPs.

You don't need anything rock rated...lol....unless your riding up on the curb at the late night drive thur at BK !

What suspension lift do you have ? How do you like it ?
rough country 3.25 but its 2.5 right now left the coil spacers off cause it would have been to high for the 31 and no im at Keesler afb for now will be back around Christmas if ya wanna go wheeling
and the lift is great except u neeed to do the tcase drop but the only thing I would recommend is buying extended brake lines for the front gives a lil more wiggle room

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm throwing my vote in for Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar. :thumb: I know you said KM2's or Duratracs but I thought I would show you a another option.

View attachment 180240
+1 on the MT/R Kevlar tires. I just installed a set 33x12.50-15's on my 01 TJ and they are great. The Duratrac's are nice too, but don't quite have the mud performance of the MT/R. The MT/R is fairly quiet too and much quieter than the BFG KM2's on my buddies Yota. Mud performance of the MT/R is very similar to the KM2 as well.

·
Registered
441 Posts

X2 on the Cooper Wild Countrys. They switched the name recently to Eldorado MTZ Sports. Still the same American made tire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts