Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello future new jeep owner

We are looking at 2 different jeeps and not sure what we want in the options

First one is red unlimited that has the 24s package 9 speaker system and tow package for 33218.00

The second one is red unlimited bone stock with 24s package for 3300

I know it would be no brainer to take the one with more options for 200.00 more

the problem I have is the woofer in the back. We rather have the storage compartment instead of the woofer and dont plan to pull anything with it since we have a pilot for that

Also we are planning to reinstall our aftermarket radio/backup camera system in there, that why we got the basic radio

Wife will be driving most of the time to work appox 20 miles round trip

For those who have the subwoofer in the floor, is it worth it or more of a pain in the butt?

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the subwoofer in the floor and it jams. Didn't want it initially but the jeep I wanted had it and the deal was too good to pass up. I'm now glad the Alpine/Subwoofer was "Forced" on me, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the subwoofer in the floor and it jams. Didn't want it initially but the jeep I wanted had it and the deal was too good to pass up. I'm now glad the Alpine/Subwoofer was "Forced" on me, it's well worth it.

That model i'm looking at dosent have the u430 radio, just the basic 130 radio

forgot too add. we have dogs too so they will be riding in the back

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have the sub in the floor and intend to take ot out for the additional storage space. I unplugged it and can't tell much difference in the sound. Not much of a music junkie anyway.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I just bought the rear slush mat without the cutout and covered it up. No difference in sound and no vibrating or annoying sounds.

·
Registered
373 Posts
This is easy.......get the one from w/ the subwoofer. Once you really get used to the alpine speaker system, you might (like alot of people) find that the upgrade system is more than adequate and then you can spend the money on other mods. The upgraded speaker system doesn't stop you from putting in an rear view camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts