Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok 2014 JKU - for now i just want to go with 33's, but i may eventually want to re-gear and go with 35's. Here are the lifts i am torn between. I found a Rubicon Express 2.5" budget boost with Bilstein shocks a guy is selling on craigslist - was never installed. Or getting a Rancho Sport 2" lift that comes with rs9000xl shocks. From what i understand both lifts can handle the 35's with flat fendors and maybe some wheel spacers. The Rancho lift has springs in the front and pucks in the rear, the RE is all pucks. my jeep is pretty much a mall crawler as i haven't went off road in years, a few jeeps ago.

What do you guys think, anyone have experience with the Rancho Sport 2" lift or the Rubicon express 2.5" BB?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Sorry, I don't have experience with either of those lifts.

Member since Sep 2008 and these are your first 2 posts?? Now that's taking some time to study!!! :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I don't have experience with either of those lifts.

Member since Sep 2008 and these are your first 2 posts?? Now that's taking some time to study!!! :D

i used to have a tj, and more used the forum for info... just bought a 2014 jku and after my tj had 5.5" of lift and on 35's, i feel like i am driving a low rider...

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
i used to have a tj, and more used the forum for info... just bought a 2014 jku and after my tj had 5.5" of lift and on 35's, i feel like i am driving a low rider...
LOL I can relate, my wife went from a lifted JK on 37s to a stock willys. She was looking at lifts as soon as she got it home from the dealer.

FWIW On her new one I did the WF favorite lift, Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with Rancho CA brackets and 5000x shocks. It clears the 315 duratracs and rides/handles just as good as stock. At AOR its about $800. https://www.allensoffroad.com/suspension-systems-lift-kits/Package-Suspension-Deals/Teraflex-1351002-RS9000XL-Caster-Correction-KJ-Combo

good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
781 Posts
No sire this is dead but I did the ranch 2 inch kit with the 5000x shocks amazing and easy to install with a buddy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts