Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to lift my 13 JKU soon. I would like to go 2.5 (would entertain up to 3.5 but 2.5 is ideal) on the lift and then add 35's with rims. I've debated going the spacer route but I just don't know how safe they are, I've read both good and bad on them. My budget is $2500 but could wiggle to 3k if it was necessary. I'm not a fan of pricey wheels since they will get beat up, I liked the trail master wheels that 4wp had , even the basic black steel wheels with the circle cuts are groovy.

I gues I'm just all over the place, I like the OME 2inch heavy spring lift but then I saw a great review by a knowledgeable member here on the RE 2.5 lift and it looks like a contender, there is always the WF favored setup.... If it were your money what would you do?

Thanks!:drinks:

·
Super Moderator
16,374 Posts
Are you going to do the work yourself?

How do you use your Jeep? DD, trails, climbing?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you going to do the work yourself?

How do you use your Jeep? DD, trails, climbing?
Yes, doing the work myself. It is a DD and ideally will be wheeled 2x a month, mostly rocky trails in Texas hill country with hopefully a different destination trip annually. If you would like any other info please let me know, I definitely value your opinion here!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
35" is $275 each guesstimate. Mounting/balancing $25 each. That puts you at $1500 and 1k to spend. Doable if you do the lift yourself.
Was it you that did the lift and extended review of the RE lift?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd do the 2.5" AEV lift and try to find some used 315 Duratracs. I just sold a set of 5 nearly new Duratracs for $900 (maybe 3k miles on them spare had never touched the ground). If you're doing the labor, I think you can get it done for $2,500, and you'll have an excellent all around Jeep. You'll want to get some spacers or wheels though because it will definitely rub without them.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
35" is $275 each guesstimate. Mounting/balancing $25 each. That puts you at $1500 and 1k to spend. Doable if you do the lift yourself.
My 35"x12.5" R18" Nitto Trail Grapplers were just under $375 each and my Fuel Octane's 18"x9" were just under $200 each mounted and balanced. I paid $2,950 for 5 full tires/rims and I got a deal.
If I was the OP, I would save up to buy a decent 2.5" lift (AEV, Rock Krawler, Metal Cloak, Rubicon Express or the "Frankinleft" a.k.a. WF favorite lift) and buy 4x 35" tires with 17" steelies rims, also need the spare tire delete panel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts