Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok wanting on board air under $300. best i can get for that. either electric or i read about a belt driven york or something like that. whatever would be the most powerful for the money. something that runs air tools would be nice too.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
You get a ton of refills in a power-tank.

Although, I would suggest building one out of a 10lb C02 tank commonly used in kegarators, by putting a high flow valve, and nice regulator. You could make two for the price of a power tank, maybe 3. You wouldnt need to refill them all for a month. And then have more pressure output for airtools than many compressors!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hmmm... yeah that would be a hassle. The only air system I have found so far that is under $300 is that Viair on-board system. The ones that run off of a belt on your engine are pricey. They scare me away, but if you wanted something heavy duty, you're most likely going to have to go beyond $300.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.