Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Since I first got my Stone White JKU about a year ago, I had the idea in mind to at some point swap out the black plastic fenders for color-matched Sahara white ones. But then I found out about the Stone White to Bright White switch and the hopes of getting lucky with eventually finding a deal on a set of white Sahara take off fenders were crushed. It didn't seem like a Stone White Sahara model was ever made. Or so I thought...

My Jeep was backed into in a very mild driveway fender bender a few months ago, necessitating the replacement of the front bumper and passenger-front fender. For the fenders, I was planning on swapping in a full set of so they have equal wear/sun fading, and it's cheap enough to buy a full set instead of just one anyway.

Well, in my searching, I stumbled across this...

2010 Stone White Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4x4 #32178279 | GTCarLot.com - Car Color Galleries

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 12.43.39 PM.jpg

That sure looks like the mythical Stone White Sahara with fenders that would match mine, and suffice to say I'm pretty confused now.

Does anyone actually know the full details on the Stone White to Bright White switch? When did it happen, were there actually Stone White Saharas made (or is that just a typo in that listing), are there sets of Stone White fenders floating around out there, etc etc?

I'd like to figure this out because if it ends up being the case that being patient and looking in the right places could eventually lead to me finding some Stone White fenders, I'm going to slow play the replacement process since the existing damage is minor and hardly noticeable.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't know about the switch, but Dupli Color sells their Perfect Match paint in Stone White for 07-10 Jeeps.
Stone White - PW1
Item #BCC0407

So I would think you could at least purchase fenders and paint them yourself or get them painted.

I used Perfect Match on my 2017 Toyota and you cannot tell the difference between repair and factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts