Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 3.5" JKS lift on my 2017 JKUR and I'm about to pull the trigger on new 17" wheels with 35" tires. Specifically, I'd like to run a 315/70r17 on 17x9 wheels.

The wheels I'm considering come in both 16x8 with a 4.5" backspace and 17x9 with a 4.7" backspace.

My question is will that extra 0.2" of backspace on the larger 17x9 wheels cause a 315/70r17 tire to come into contact with the factory fenders or any steering/suspension at full wheel lock?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 4.5" back spacing on my 17's and I haven't had any rubbing issues yet. I doubt 1/4 of an inch would make that much difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing with a 2.5" RK lift.
315/70r17 on 17x9 wheels with 4.7 backspace. Rubbing? Thoughts?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will tell u this....I had to trim my bumper skid plate a bit at full lock both directions, with rk xfactor 2.5" with 17x9/ 4.5 bs wheels and 315/70r/17 mtz's. with this combo I'm a bit outside the stock fenders, if I were to make contact..I'd know it.

With that said I'm on the trail without issue stuffing those tire up and in

The Green Machine

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I will tell u this....I had to trim my bumper skid plate a bit at full lock both directions, with rk xfactor 2.5" with 17x9/ 4.5 bs wheels and 315/70r/17 mtz's. with this combo I'm a bit outside the stock fenders, if I were to make contact..I'd know it.

With that said I'm on the trail without issue stuffing those tire up and in

The Green Machine
Stock bumper? I've got mid width steel up front.
So no contact on the fenders though that's good to hear. I've read that I should be fine with the 4.7 backspace but then again I keep seeing where I'm not. I could just go with the 4.5 backspace wheels but the ones I like the most are 4.7

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes I still have a stock bumper on, waiting on vks shorty stinger v2, can't wait.

Get a little more feedback to b comfortable, never settle...get what u want.

The Green Machine

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Stock wheels are 6.25" backspacing,
6.25-4.5=1.75 so you can put on a 3.5" wider tire and have the inside sidewall at the same place as the stock
6.25-4.7=1.55 so you can put on a 3.1" wider tire and have the inside sidewall at the same place as the stock

Assuming stock is 255s and they are 10.04" wide, 315s are 12.4" wide for a difference of 2.36" which is in the realm of the above numbers. I believe the reason that the reason that the 4.5bs is the most popular is that you can put on 37x13.5s with less issues incase anyone wants to move up to 37s.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
So I called Rock Krawler. They stated that with 4.7 there Might be a little rubbing on the control arms. That can be alleviated by adjusting the steering stops if it happened.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts