Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electrical scares me - been shocked by live wires on home wiring, and ever sense it scares me even in vehicles..
But I want to add some lights to the Jeep.

What do i need to know since I've never worked on electrical on a vehicle? from switches, to fuses/relays, to soldering/running wires so there is no shorts that can destroy anything.

is there a dumb person guide anywhere?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Electrical scares me - been shocked by live wires on home wiring, and ever sense it scares me even in vehicles..

But I want to add some lights to the Jeep.

What do i need to know since I've never worked on electrical on a vehicle? from switches, to fuses/relays, to soldering/running wires so there is no shorts that can destroy anything.

is there a dumb person guide anywhere?
They are pretty simple to add, just make sure they come with a wiring harness. They usually will include the fuse relay and switch. If you want to get fancy you can buy a rocker panel and add a nicer switch for the lights.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
^what he said

I invested in an sPOD, and I couldn't be happier with it. Easy install, the whole unit grabs its power from the battery, and all of the electrical connections are with terminal connectors. Very safe, and its also pretty easy on the eyes.

https://www.4x4spod.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts