Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup and as you see in the video once the jeep is under say around 15mph it goes away. I'm going to swap the old wheel bearing back in today and see if the new one is possibly defective. Crossing my fingers this isn't my pinion bearing or carrier bearing going rite after I just did balljoints and wheel bearings :/

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well....got home and swapped my spare unit bearing (old one with some play) on and viola! noise isn't there...yet. Went and took the duracrap unit bearing back to Autozone and under warranty swapped it plus the difference for a Timken like i have on the passenger side. Fingers crossed the noise was the bearing! so far so good!

On a plus side i can now disassemble and reassemble my front end in under 30 minutes..i fear i might even be able to do it blind folded ... in a hurricane ... while eating an icy pop.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Timken knows what they're doing with bearings. Stick with them or Moog in the future, and Spicer for u-joints, and you should be golden.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts