Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend is looking to buy a YJ. We found one for really cheap and want to know what could be up with it and if their is any reasons for the price to be so low?

I own a TJ so I have no idea on YJ stuff. Help me.

1995 Jeep Wrangler

thanks!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
in my opinion that is not extremely low...perhaps it has a 4 cylinder..perhaps it has stock gearing with the 35 inch tires which would make it perform like a dog on the road...perhaps it has a lot of rust..perhaps the guy just wants to sell it without a lot of delay

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
If you think that price is so low, I will sell you my 87 for 8,000. There is that better?

4700 is a somewhat standard price for a 95, actually i would think that its a bit high except for the new wheels and tires and it already has a lift on it. Although i could tell that the lift was done cheaply. Since it has a 3" body lift, and a 2.5" suspension.

but anyway, check the normal YJ areas for rust, back by the rear shackles on the frame, look at the inside of the frame as well. And around the steering box is another known spot for the frame to rust out.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Mods don't make jeeps sale for that much higher.
I got my jeep for 4000
Remember when you invest parts into a jeep your doing for yourself. You'll never get your money back.

Thus modified jeeps are only slightly higher priced than stock jeeps

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Seems high for around here (Florida). I see a lot of Wranglers in similar shape for about $1000 less here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts