Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DeepSouthJeeper said:
I can check on mine in the morning if you want. My guess, if I remember right I think it's supposed to be strait.
Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
That sux but on the bright side now you've got an excuse to buy a cool new bumper and some flat fenders.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
90mph said:
That sux but on the bright side now you've got an excuse to buy a cool new bumper and some flat fenders.
Looking for some flat fenders that would actually cover my tires. They stick out about an inch and a half past the stock. I like the look, but it is impossible to keep it clean. It looks like a paddle wheeler when I drive it the rain...lol

I see you have stock fenders with flat flares. Who made yours?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Looking for some flat fenders that would actually cover my tires. They stick out about an inch and a half past the stock. I like the look, but it is impossible to keep it clean. It looks like a paddle wheeler when I drive it the rain...lol

Since your fenders smashed its a perfect excuse to upgrade to tube fenders.

·
Registered
61 Posts
jeepsrgreat said:

Mine are Bushwhackers

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
jeepsrgreat said:
Is this supposed to be straight?

I know this is :'(
No that is not supposed to be straight :)

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Venison on the grill! Is it what's for dinner?

Looks like you and the Jeep made out pretty well. I've seen some serious damage and injuries from veh. Vs. deer. :eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OlYellerTJ said:
Venison on the grill! Is it what's for dinner?

Looks like you and the Jeep made out pretty well. I've seen some serious damage and injuries from veh. Vs. deer. :eek:
Highway department picks them up here and brings them to the zoo for the animals

Ya...I lucked out. I expected to see much worse when I went to the front

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DeepSouthJeeper said:
Sorry I'm a little late. Yours looks just like mine man, looks like your good.
Hmmm....going to have to figure out what is damaged then.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DeepSouthJeeper said:
Wish I could help more, how bad is it acting up?
I haven't had much time to look. It's been dark when I get home. I drove it home the night it happened and I had to turn the wheel 90 degrees to the left to go straight. If I let go of the wheel, it heads for the ditch. I haven't drove it since that night.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
jeepsrgreat said:
I haven't had much time to look. It's been dark when I get home. I drove it home the night it happened and I had to turn the wheel 90 degrees to the left to go straight. If I let go of the wheel, it heads for the ditch. I haven't drove it since that night.
You might have screwed something up with your pitman arm or steering gear box, I'd look closer to that side. Is there any more play after the hit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Advise you do not drive this vehicle until you get it inspected by a qualified tech. You may broken an axle or steering component which could have catastrophic failure. Be careful!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
90mph said:
Advise you do not drive this vehicle until you get it inspected by a qualified tech. You may broken an axle or steering component which could have catastrophic failure. Be careful!!!
Not to worry...won't be driven till it's figured out

1 - 20 of 28 Posts