Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 and put 2 brand new headlight assemblies and headlights in and they are way off. I have 3 small torx screws which I believe are the adjusters but not sure! How do I go about adjusting these? I tried to turn them but not doing nothing at all. Hope someone can help out, thanks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Here is how I do mine.

Find a wall with about 30 feet of flat ground adjacent to it. Like the wall of building with a good sized flat parking lot next to it. Pull your jeep right up the wall so your front bumper is almost touching the wall. Then turn on the headlights and mark the center of the headlight beams on the wall with tape.

Then backup your jeep 30 feet straight back. Align the headlights with the adjuster screws until the center of the headlight beams back on the marks you made when the jeep was up against the wall.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We've never had problems adjusting the lights on our 97 or 00 but I have had trouble on a couple of mid 80s Chevy trucks before. The nylon portion of the adjusters that the adjuster screws go into will rot and strip easily when they get older. I was able to find replacements at the HELP aisle at the local parts store. Hope this helps. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
You have 3 screw for your headlight bezel, then 4 that hold your actual headlight into a plastic bracket. The bracket itself has I believe 3 or 4 torx screws(didn't get a good look at it when I changed my lights) that adjust your beam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts