Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 rubicon 2 door with no tire mounted on the tailgate. Are there any other mount systems to carry around a bike or two?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Add a hitch, they are cheap and easy to install.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Yakima that inserts into the hitch and can carry four bikes. It even folds out for rear tailgate access.

If you don't have a hitch, you can get one from Quadratec for cheap and they're super easy to install.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Assuming you don't want to carry it inside, you can get a hitch and hitch mount rack or a roof rack and a roof rack bike carrier.

I have both, the hitch rack blocks the tailgate (spare tire hits even with the rack folded) so I tend to use the roof mount for long trips. More often than not I just put the rear seat down and put the bike inside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the inside method but my bike is to big. I guess I'll get a hitch and mount. What roof rack did you use grouch

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a 1 UP USA rack that goes into the hitch. It has been the best rack I have had so far better then the Thule and Yakima's that I have used. Holds tight and can adjust to hold 1-5 bikes and folds up nice when not in use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts