Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my TJ sport (97) it had only one fog light on it and the other was broken off-well the one didnt work,replaced the bulb and it still didnt work-There is a factory fog light switch down by the cig. lighter-Is that the only switch that I need to hit to turn them on?Will they only work if I have two lights?How do I check to see if the wiring/switch is still good so I dont have to buy the whole kit?the cig. lighter doesnt work either-havent figured that out yet.I checked the manual and It doesnt have anything about fog lights,So i appreciate any feedback about the lights and or the lighter malfunction..
Thanks again-

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Check the switch with a meter. Get a haynes manual with wiring diagrams. Even if you dont use this time.. eventually you will. I know this sounds retarded and I am not trying to be an a$$, but did you have the headlight switch pulled out as well. They wont turn on unless at least the parking lights are on. Adn check your bright switch because when the brights are turned on the fog lights turn off in the factory wiring job.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
and if the two lights were in series than it wont work, and they very may welll be in series so that if one goes, you dont have a cyclopse thing going on, b/c idiots might think ur a motorcycle

·
Registered
406 Posts
Make sure the headlights are on when you try
Low Beam. They work only if the parking lights are on, or the low beam headlights. Won't work with high beam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts