Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 85 year old father is bored and for the last year has been helping a guy who owns a welding fabrication shop put. They have a lot lot steel lying around and said help myself and just let him know what I need fabricated.

I cracked my side step (actually dented the body where they mount) by running over a bumper on the highway so it's time for something a bit better.

Does anybody have any suggestions for mounts? Was thinking of using 2x2 square tubing with 1.5 inch round and some dimple of diamond plate for a step.

But the mount are where I am stuck. Was thinking of using some tabs to mount to the body bolts and either keep it below the pinch seam or beside it and have some additional bolts through it.

Ant suggestions. Just curious what other have done?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had mine welded to the frame... good and solid

·
Registered
448 Posts
You can either weld to the frame or make a plate with tapped holes that gets welded to the frame so the rail can be removed. You could also use a combination of existing holes where possible and weld the other places in a way that could be ground off easily. For inspiration look at the LOD, Ace and Poison Spider rails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts