Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2011 jku and I am in need of a little help which might help other wrangler owners when getting the soft top replaced for pin holes.Where the spring and cable are just behind the rear doors up by the zip for the rear window ,is your spring encased within the cover or can it be seen when you remove the velcro at this point.The springs on mine are exposed where the original was not.Can someone help me out with some pics of this area.The fit is also terrible.on earlier models the springs were exposed and my 11 was like the 12s were they are enclosed and cant rub on the top.Is anyone familiar with this change in the tops??I AM TRYING TO GET DEALER TO PUT BACK WHAT WAS ORIGINAL.Any one getting this replacement top on your 11 should look for this.Dealer has no 11s on the lot and i need a pic to show or at least back up what i thought...pics please thanks mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone...really would appreciate it

·
Registered
481 Posts
if you will post a pic of the area your talking about it may help.

I have a 12 it should be the same, but I do not understand where
the cable and spring are, it must be covered because I do not see it

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to download but can't with this tablet for some reason.The 12s are covered but I need to know that the 11s are as well.?The spring is right behind the the side window zipper just behind the top of the rear door/right where the zipper ends ....Thanks outlawjk any way but would like to hear from an 11 owner...mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts