Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 jeep rubicon with a possible rod knock.... It only has 105k on it. I want to be sure that's the issue before I go and start rebuilding it.. Anyone around central nj with knowledge that would be able to help diagnose it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Where in Central NJ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The jeep is in pemberton nj.. Near the military base. I've torn the motor down already and found no2 piston broke. Think I caught it fast enough because the cylinder walls look perfect. It's now just sitting and waiting for parts to come in.

image-4061629181.jpg

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That's what I was gonna guess was wrong with it. The piston skirt broke on mine but not until almost 300k miles. I just swapped in a lower miles motor for cheaper then I could've for the parts and did a rebuild( I drove on mine bad for a whiiiiiile).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping this fix will last apparently this motor was a rebuild in 2007 so it's had 7 years and less then 100k on it and it did this. I specifically looked for this year arrange because of the corrections made to make it last forever and it's gone through 2 motors already...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts