Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

501 - 511 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
2018 Hot restart issue.

The Problem is the Transmission Valve Body Becomes Heat Soaked and doesn't allow start up until it cools down, anywhere from 5 to 30 Min. :atomic:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good observation, except......
My problems have occurred at -20c in Canada. One would think that it would be hard to heat saturate ?
Your thoughts......anybody ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good observation, except......
My problems have occurred at -20c in Canada. One would think that it would be hard to heat saturate ?
Your thoughts......anybody ?
It doesn’t matter. I had the same problem on my 2018 JKU rubicon and I live in Buffalo NY. (Snow belt and wind chill capital of the nation) The problem is definitely the valve body in transmission. Everything will get to operating temperature or heat soak and then vehicle doesn’t start again after shit off for around 25 min. The valve body temp sensor is bad and it’s just easier to replace entire unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[
Well .... under the Misery Loves Company Rule ... nice to know I am not the only one.

Have you had the trans valve replaced ? And certain that it will work?

·
Registered
21 Posts
2018 JK no start issue

I have a 2 day drop appointment with the dealer. I'm guessing they are replacing the valve body, regardless its a lease and will be traded in a year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[
Well .... under the Misery Loves Company Rule ... nice to know I am not the only one.

Have you had the trans valve replaced ? And certain that it will work?

If you are getting the no start no crank symptoms and can’t be restart in a specific time frame then I am confident you probably fall into the same TSB as I did and many others.

Do you have a warranty? Because it’s definitely covered.
The dealership replaces the entire unit rather than the one component. They have it done in one business day.
Can you repeat the issue for them or at least instruct them how to repeat problem because that’s the other “trick” having dealer repeat the problem. I was able to. If you have some concerns reach out to Jeep cares and they ma be able to assist.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys! So this thread helped me confirm that my 2018 JK is also affected by the same issue referenced in the TSB. Any advice on whether or not I will have a difficult time getting my dealer to fix it rather than them insisting on replicating it first? I’ve yet to contact them because I figured they wouldn’t do anything unless they could duplicate it, which I know they won’t be able to. I bought mine with 18,000 last April and it’s happened a handful of times since then, typically when I’ve been driving at least 2 hours or more. There’s nothing I can do other than wait about a half hour before it decides to start. It happened again this weekend so I sent an email to mopar since I’d like to get this resolved before my warranty runs out, and they pretty much said to contact my dealer but if they can’t duplicate it, there’s nothing they can do. For anyone that successfully got this taken care of, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would throw it in neutral when it did it. Maybe it's something going on where it doesn't know it's in park.
This is what I have to do sometimes. It like when I park out not all the way in park. I have to turn the key take it out of park then back in park and it works every time

501 - 511 of 511 Posts