Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I have the Magnaflow black series on mine and I'm very happy with it. Great sound and not any drone or obnoxious noise at speed. ImageUploadedByAG Free1427660770.120819.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
147 Posts
After listening to a million clips and having a magnaflow on mine for a few minutes u have determined that you flat out cannot get a great sound from the 3.6L motor. It just ends up sounding ricey and foreign. I wanted badly to get a different muffler, but it just isn't gonna work.

I had a magnaflow on for a few and it sounded exactly like a toyota supra. Granted, for a car, it sounded sweet. It was smooth and very clean. But it would have sounded retarded from a jeep.

Some of the setups will sound good at idle and gentle revs. But full on revs or throttle and the rice comes out. I wanted a half way solution that just made mine a little louder but there was no aftermarket setups to fit that bill.

I ended up leaving the muffler stock and cutting out my resonator. It is ever so slightly louder, but not much, and free.

Every has their own opinion, but none of them work for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had the Magnaflow on my 2011 Sahara, and replacing it onto my 2015 Rubi is the last mod I've yet to complete to bring the new jeep back to everything I had on the Sahara. Your not going to see any measurable difference in performance or gas mileage putting this muffler on, regardless what the manufacturer says. Your buying into a new sound and it sounds great and gets lots of comments from jeep folks for it's looks. I've never seen or talked to anybody with the Corsa system but I doubt it's any different. I will say the Magnaflow is super easy to install and everything fits perfectly into place.
topbanana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts