Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I be able to do this without future problems?? I have added weight of front and rear bumpers along with rail guards and winch. I have been told by my buddy that I would be fine with 1" coil spacers however I have been reading mixed reviews on this. I dont want to have to order a new ds, track bar, control arms, etc.

The spacers are being shipped and I dont want to put them on if I will experience future problems. I currently have a 2.5" TF Coil/Shock lift and have the 1" spacers on order. I have a 2-dr JK not a 4-dr, I know 4-drs are capable of running this b/c of their drive shaft length and angles. Let me know please!!

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
If you still have 33s, why do you need a coil spacer on top of the lift? Even if your bumpers brought you down a little, that is still more than enough height for 33s. Why inject more parts when not really needed? I run 37s on a 2.5 inch lift on a 2 door for perspective.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simply put IF you are using the spacers to regain lost height NO .. You won't have a issue. If using the spacers to add height, you may/may not need more parts to make things work ie caster correction, rear track bar bracket, front track bar, possibly swaybar adjustment, etc
I didn't measure before and after the bumpers and winch were put on [my bad] but I am assuming I lost some height I just don't know how much

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you still have 33s, why do you need a coil spacer on top of the lift? Even if your bumpers brought you down a little, that is still more than enough height for 33s. Why inject more parts when not really needed? I run 37s on a 2.5 inch lift on a 2 door for perspective.
Bc I bought a 2.5 lift wanting to keep 2.5" of lift not sag just so there is enough clearance for my tires...

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Bc I bought a 2.5 lift wanting to keep 2.5" of lift not sag just so there is enough clearance for my tires...
With 33s you will still clear your tires on a 2.5 lift even if it has dropped a little. I clear 37s on a 2.5 with flat fenders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts