Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to add aftermarket heated seats thinking they would be great for chilly nights when the top was down. After a bunch of reading on here I thought I would be fine to use quadretec's accessory plug with a set of the cheap amazon heated seats. I wired the plug up following the instructions and then plugged in just the passenger heated seat. I turned it on to what was labeled as the high setting and it was fine. Heated up like it should but not all that hot so I thought maybe the label on the switch was backwards. Flipped it to the low setting and pop. Fuse in the quadratic adapter blew.

So I am fairly certain the switch is labeled backwards and when I switched it to the low setting it was actually the higher one which drew more power and blew the fuse. This was only one side and I THOUGHT I read somewhere people using this set up with both on high. The fuse was label 10(10 amps I think?)

Interestingly the fuse on the actual heated seats wiring was also labeled 10. So could I have wired something incorrectly?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great, especially if you are running this same setup.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much power is the seat supposed to draw? You know you have a 12v supply, and a 10 amp fuse.
I'm guessing the 10 amp fuse on a 12v supply could cause issues? I'm really not a wiring expert I was just going by other people saying it worked.

The Amazon description says it is a universal fit on any 12vdc.

From reading some of the questions asked it seems like on high each seat should draw about 4 amps and about 2 amps on low so I'm going to check the wiring to make sure it's all okay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts